The Mischabelhütte is a high alpine hut located above Saas-Fee on the Lenzspitze east ridge. It is an important base for many tours in the Mischabelgroup. Already the ascend to the hut is a mountain tour in its own right.
The first Mischabelhütte was erected in 1903 and was the first hut owned by the AACZ. Since then there were numerous renovations and in 1976 a new hut was erected side by side to the old. The history was summarized on the occasion of the 100th anniversary by Walter Märki and Walter Giger: Chronik Mischabelhütte 2003 (PDF).
In additon to the concise summary below please visit the hut’s homepage for addtional information and reservation: www.mischabelhuette.ch
Tel Hütte: 0041 27 957 13 17
How to get there
With train to Visp. There are direct bus services from Visp to Saas Fee.
Coming from Visp turn into the Saas valley at Stalden. In Saas-Grund, turn right to Saas-Fee. There are parking possibilities at the entrace of the village. Saas-Fee itself is car-free.
There is a blue-white marked hiking path leading to the hut including some scrambling passages (cables and a ladder installed). From Saas-Fee it takes about 4-5 hours and starts the ascend via the Schönegge. Alternatively, using the Hannig cable car shortens the ascent by 1h.
- Tällihorn (2747m) E-Face (IV), alternative for ascend to hut (topo on hut website)
- Nadelhorn (4327m)
- Lenzspitze (4294m) E-Grat – Nadelgrat
- Lenzspitze NE-Wand (Eselswand) – Nadelgrat
- Hohberghorn (4242m)
- Hohberghorn – Hohbergjoch – Domhütte
- Nadelgrat: Dürrenhorn (4034m) – Hohberghorn (4242m) – Stecknadelhorn (4239m) – Nadelhorn (4327m)
- Ulrichshorn (3925m) – (Balfrin(3795m) – Gross Bigerhorn(3625m)) – Bordierhütte (2886m) – Grächen (1619m)